Powered By Blogger

Sunday 29 July 2012

A Fishy Story

A Fishy Life
I saw pirates coming our way. I heard screams and gun shooting. I smelt blood and the stormy, salty sea. I could feel pain in my wounds and taste the sweat from my head. I fell to the ground in pain.

“Bang!”
Someone on our ship was firing, but I couldn’t figure out who was firing and where they were. I ran down the stairs into a cabin where the noise was coming from. I opened the door and saw Old Man Doddle firing his old rusty cannon. I said: “What are you doing?”
He said: “I’m saving your bacon!”
“You’re going to kill it!“
But before I could say any more, the ship was sinking fast.

I told Old Man Doddle to get the diving gear. When he got back he was only holding one suit. I asked him what he was going to wear. He said Speedos because he used to be a champion swimmer. He dived in and went deep down to the deep, cold sea where I couldn’t see him. I dived down after him. I could breathe because I was wearing diving gear. I saw Old Man Doddle lying on the sea bed unconscious. His Speedos had disappeared along with his hair. I had a moment of silence. When 30 seconds had gone a huge great white shark came and ate him in one bite...

I swam along and looked at how much air I had left - it said 5 hours.  I started to hear drum beats. It got louder and louder. When it got so loud I could see an over-grown hermit crab playing the drums. I saw three octopuses in police suits; it was all most like reality but just fish. I saw a house made of coral. Then I looked at my hands.  Scales had started growing. I looked at my flippers, they were gone and I just had a big scaly tail. Suddenly I couldn’t breathe. I ripped my diving gear off and I strangely started to breathe again. I started to swim around and then I figured out that I was a huge fish with silver and yellow and black spots. All of the other fish just stared at me in amazement. Then they started to bow and one of them gave me a sort of coral crown and asked me if I would like to come to dinner. I said yes.

When I got to the place I saw lots of fish at a huge table. There was everything you would have at the queen’s birthday apart from food. The fish had knives and forks but there wasn’t any food. They were looking at me in a strange way. Then it doomed on me, I wasn’t going to dinner, I was the dinner!
I hopped out of my seat and swam away as fast as I could. When I knew I was far enough away from those beasts, I started to take a breath but I couldn’t breathe!

Bang! I was back on the deck of my boat.  The cannons from the pirate ships were still firing. I must have had a really bad dream!

No comments: