Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 9 May 2012

Day 4 at Camp Bentzon

Day 4 at Camp Bentzon
On Thursday morning at camp we started our day with a walk on the fitness trail. I didn’t know before we started that there would be obstacles in my way. The hardest one was the see-saw, because once I got on, I started to think, “I’m going to fall, I’m going to fall!” But when I got off I thought “Hmm, that wasn’t so hard!”. Afterwards it was time for breakfast and at that time I was really hungry.

It was 1:30 when I went down to sailing, my sailing buddy was Miyako.  She was doing the steering and I was doing the sail.  Half way through the lesson, we almost tipped over, but luckily I let go of all the rope and we went back to normal. The sail almost hit Miyako in the head, but she always ducked when it came. I’ve also learned that wherever the boats points, that’s where the wind is coming from.

After dinner and brushing our teeth it was skit night. When we heard the bell go, we all ran into the recreation room. The first act was performed by Samuel and his friends. They did an act about Dora and it was funny. The 5th act was Kawau Idol where the untalented people preformed. Georgia S rapped some nursery rhymes, Sloane was second with her disappearing pebble, Victoria did a disappearing monkey act, Megan did a karate trick, and Rebecca was last with her opera item.

My group’s act was up next and we did a dance to Party Rock Anthem and after our act the parents did their act. The parents’ item was really funny. All that laughing made me sleep really well on Thursday night, because everyone was shouting when we had the skits, so everyone was pretty quiet when it was sleep time.

I think camp Bentzon was the best camp ever and I loved the activities that the teachers planned for us! We had a lot of fun.

No comments: